In discussing creating a family culture I have mentioned our family’s “Friday Family Night”. Usually we stick to board games or a movie night, but sometimes we get a little creative. Have you planned your next family night?
This is our Top 10:
1. Make pizza together. If you like to get really messy you could make your own pizza dough. I really like this recipe. We often buy pre-made pizza dough from Whole Foods along with all of the toppings of choice.
2. A picnic and bike ride in the park
3. Make fancy desserts together. I’m not really sure if this dessert qualifies as “fancy,” but it definitely was time consuming and not a cake for any ordinary day.
5. Movie Night.
6. Dinner at a favorite restaurant. Or maybe try something new like an ethnic restaurant.
7. Make something together. We made birdfeeders once. It was a mess, but loads of fun.
8. Work on a puzzle.
9. Get take out and picnic at a local playground.
10. Hold a family meeting, maybe to plan something exciting like a summer vacation.